Monday, July 18, 2011

Can I get into University of Michigan-Ann Arbor?

I have a 24 on the ACT. I did 40 hours of volunteering. I also have job experience. I am involved in peace jam at school. I took AP Chemistry and AP biology last year and I will be taking AP Physics, AP statistics and AP Calculus next year. I will also be taking one college class at KVCC next year called introduction to political science. I will also be writing/editing the Knight Life School Newspaper next year. I will be attending a week long journalism camp this summer (by the way, do summer camps count as extracurricular for college?). I also attended an engineering camp at western Michigan University (I don't know if this one counts because i did it in middle school - 6th grade). I am a minority student and I heard being a minority has advantages at U of M (is it true?) since it is very diverse. I am a woman wanting to become a chemical engineer (I heard that this has an advantage too because they want more women engineers). So, do I have a chance of getting into University of Michigan considering the fact that all the other stuff can cancel out my act score.

No comments:

Post a Comment