Sunday, July 17, 2011

How do I stop myself from becoming a sociopath?

I've always been regarded as a meek, shy and quiet person when I was a child but as I grew up people took that meekness for arrogance because I didn't really have social skills and the natural expression on my face reads as "I'm better than everyone else" which I never really believed. But now that I'm in my 20's I'm finding out that I'm overanalyzing EVERYTHING and every situation and every person. My best friend of 16 years just broke up with her boyfriend of 4 years because he cheated on her and told her she was a control freak...which she totally is. She is a complete diva and even though I love her, she can be a total narcissist and rude towards me without realizing it. As can I... and I've seriously been thinking about hooking up with her ex boyfriend just for the adrenaline rush of elicit sexual deceit. I know that I'm not a true sociopath because I've never actually brought harm to a person intentionally but the thoughts have been formulating in my brain and gaining momentum. And although I know these thoughts are wrong... it feels so deliciously right. So what can I do? I come from a long line of sociopaths in my family and I am wondering if it is my fate? Being a good girl has kept me safe all my life but should I let my inner bi**h diva whip out her hair and break free?

No comments:

Post a Comment